Hassle Free Travelling With Your TGA Mobility Scooter
- Make sure everything is in full working order before you go. Organise a maintenance check if possible to negate the risk of problems whilst you're away.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged and take your charger with you.
- Know the weight of your mobility scooter. A TGA Minimo is 24kgs without battery and 26.65 with the Li-ion battery.
- A handy tip is to attach a tag to your scooter with the measurements and weight, so they are easy to access when you get asked.
- Take a print out of the folding instructions for baggage handlers.
- Check with the airline the type of batteries they allow on board. There is some information about the safety of your battery on a plane included in your manual. It may be worth photocopying this or taking your manual with you.
- Attach a sticker to your mobility scooter stating the batteries you have.
- Check your mobility scooters charge specifications and whether the charger takes 110volts and 60Hz. If not you will need a voltage converter, which you can get from any electronic equipment shop. Check with your supplier to see if they recommend any particular option.
Added 2 years ago, last modified